La Fontaine aux Lions

Historic site and monument

Back list
Ramatuelle
This fountain, which probably dates from the nineteenth century, was once situated at the terrace adjacent to the Café de l'Ormeau. It was moved in 1905 and installed at the site of an oil mill, against a large stone wall supporting the slope of the old cemetery. She was originally topped by a pediment made of terracotta balusters. The overflow fell into small waterfalls in two other contiguous basins disappeared today. The first served as a watering place for horses and oxen, was reserved for the 2nd rinsing barrels.
Pets Parking
Prestations
  • Free access.

  • Town location
  • French
  • Defibrillator
  • Parking
  • Pets welcome
  • Tourist information
  • Tour free of charge
Address
La Fontaine aux Lions
Place de l'Ormeau
Village
83350 Ramatuelle
04 98 12 64 00
Sur place
Opening

Opening : All year.

Nearby