Hôtel de ville - Anciennes Ecoles

Historic site and monument

Hôtel de ville - Anciennes Ecoles- Nouvelle Mairie - Place Foch The building of the present town hall was established in 1855 as a boys' school and a girls' school. It remained in operation until 1982.
The first town hall was located on the Place Clémenceau, the building above the porch.
Then it was the former presbytery next to the church which became the seat of the municipality from 1978 until 2007. Renovated and refurbished in 2007, it has been the Town Hall since 2008 and houses all the administrative services.
The Place des écoles has become the Place Foch, and the plane trees planted in the 19th century are almost as old as this beautiful building, and have many stories to tell us.
On the pediment of the town hall you can see the coat of arms of the town "Or à la tour de gueules posée sur une terrasse de sable", the yellow heraldic colour for the Paca region, but it also refers to the rural past, as barley and wheat were grown.
In the council chamber there are portraits of all the presidents of the republic elected since Napoleon Bonaparte in 1848 (the first president to be elected by universal suffrage)
This square is the epicentre of the village, where events and traditional festivals are held and where the weekly market is held every Thursday morning.
Accueil des personnes en situation de handicap
  • Accessible for self-propelled wheelchairs
Elevator Parking
  • French
  • Lift
  • Air conditioning
  • Defibrillator
  • Parking
Hôtel de ville - Anciennes Ecoles
Place Foch
83120 Plan-de-la-Tour
04 94 55 07 55 - 04 94 55 10 62 - 04 94 55 07 53

All year round, daily.