Bergerie Magnetto

17th C

Gassin
The Sheepfold Magnetto, which owes its name to the last shepherd who used the premises, was completely restored in 2011. It is a testimony to rural life in Gassin and in Provence. The chapel of the Minuty estate was built in 1865, at the request of Zélia Fouque, Claude Germondy's widow, probably following the death of her son and then her husband in previous years.
Located in a 300 m2 enclosure, it measures 70 m2.

"The upper part of the facade is decorated with a small polygonal pedestal containing the bell, surmounted by a conical roof. It is framed by two pinnacles. The apse has a circular frieze in the upper part. The chapel has a single nave. [.. .] In the choir, the marble altar is dressed with 6 candelabra, a cross and an altar barrel. All the furniture is in perfect condition. The ceiling is decorated with circular medallions representing the symbols of the four evangelists. [. ..] This is a set consistent with all furniture dating from the Second Empire. ""

Consecrated in 1938, the chapel was used regularly until the mid-20th century, in particular due to the faith of the Spanish workers. It has since been used for some family events and early harvest.

It was in his honor that the Cuvée de l'Oratoire was created.
Tourisme d'affaires
Capacité
1 salles de réunion
20 personnes maximum
Type de réception
Family Reception/drinks reception
Exhibition/trade fair
Seminar/meeting
Equipements
Chair
Restauration
Restaurant in the close vicinity
Salles de réunion
Disposition Classroom room Theatre style U-shape Banquet Cocktail Square
Bergerie
Capacité maximum : 20 personnes
Superficie : 30m²
Lumiere naturelle
12 personnes 12 personnes 12 personnes 12 personnes 12 personnes 12 personnes
Parking Private parking Toilettes
Prestations
  • Free access.

  • French
  • Toilets
  • Car park
  • Private parking
  • Not open to the public
Address
Bergerie Magnetto
RD 89
Route de la Vignus
83580 Gassin
Parcours
Parcours
Opening

All year round, daily.

Nearby