Le Moulin de l'Adrech - Rando 11

Pedestrian sports - Hiking itinerary

Back list
La Garde-Freinet
Walk to an ancient windmill located at a height of 400 m on a hill that was crossed by a transhumance path (seasonal migration path) in the past.
Its location offers a magnificent view down to the sea. Some history
The windmill Adrech was built between 1746 and 1776 and leased at this date for a ground rent by its owner, the honorable Clément Guillabert, surgeon of La Garde-Freinet. The tower was roughcast, the wings and the roof were built from pine and the millstone was made in one block from stone of Marseille.
The last known mention of the mill is made in a bill of sale from June 1841. A certain Tropez Ollivier, ancient flour-miller, is forced to sell it in order to pay his debts . The mill is bought by the baker of the village, Antoine Montagnac, against the sum of 2 400 francs and 8 kg of bread per week during his whole life. 20 years later the mill stops working once and for all.
  • Free access.

  • Walkers/hikers
  • Level bue - Medium
  • In the country
  • French
  • Gradient : 100 m
  • 3 km
  • 60 min
  • Altitude maximum : 430 m
  •   Stone Ground
Le Moulin de l'Adrech - Rando 11
83680 La Garde-Freinet

All year round.
Subject to favorable weather.