Light house

Ouvrage d'Art - Tour

Back list
SAINT-TROPEZ

The first light house called Red Light House was built in 1866 at the end of the great pier. It had a fixed red light on a cylindrical turret of 15 metres high. It got electrified in 1932 and became a 3 red light occultation. It has inspired painters such as Paul Signac and became the pride of the city. Destroyed in 1944 by German troops it was replaced by a concrete turret. Abandoned in 1967 because of the expansion of the great pier, a temporary light house was built on an 8 metres wooden pylon. After the rehabilitation of the harbour, the city had it rebuilt similar to the first light house.

Prestations
Address
Phare
83990 Saint-Tropez
Informational
Office de Tourisme
8 Quai Jean Jaurès
83990 Saint-Tropez
Opening